During this time of national lock-down, many employees have been forced to work from home.
The problem is, if you are your own boss you need to depend on your own business for your salary. This has lead to many business owners changing their approach and finally making the jump to trading online. It is in this spirit that Standard Bank and SnapScan have made signing up for a merchant account free during lock down. This means you will be able to accept payments via SnapScan online via the online store integration (we can help you there!) or in person with your QR code once lock down lifts, all of this is handled safely and securely through SnapScan and Standard Bank, with the added safety and security of offering a hygienic contact-free payment method.
There are also many other benefits of running your business online. Particularly at this time the main benefit is being able to do business while still maintaining social distancing.
Some of the other benefits include:
- Sell vouchers online for future use once lock down lifts
- Do business rent free as you avoid the need for a brick and mortar store
- Reach many more potential customers, as now everybody with an internet connection anywhere in the country (or world!) can purchase your products
- Drive traffic to your website and increase your web presence and search engine visibility by offering special deals that continue to drive people back to your website
- Offer voucher and promo codes to give your customers special event-based discounts.
Doing business online already forms a massive part of all of our daily lives, and, judging by the way the future looks, online shopping will become much more prevalent in South Africa.
Our advice is to take this down time to refine and build your online image, and invest in a well designed and developed online storefront to ensure your business can trade safely and securely, both online and in the real world.